|The following describes the kind of technical support that can be provided by KCIC to successful applicants under the GreenBiz Programme. Support is based on assessment of actual needs on a case-by-case basis.
A) Business Advisory
Successful applicants will be equipped with technical knowledge, tools and skills that will enable them to identify and develop their business. Based on a gap analysis, it will entail the following support:
● Entrepreneurship trainings
● Technical training and value addition
● Business modelling to start and run the business including record keeping, statutory requirements and compliance
● Value Chain and Business Linkages Advisory
● Financial literacy training and investor readiness programs
● Provide case studies to foster exchange of learning and inspiration among Value Chain groups.
● Virtual learning and advisory support via computer platforms or mobile to support program beneficiaries during and post COVID -19 scenario
● Onsite learning and advisory support will be provided
● Development of bankable business plans and financial models.
B) Mentorship and Coaching
Successful applicants will be mentored by experienced sector specific mentors, business experts, technical experts and certified business mentors to develop specific skills and knowledge that will enhance their business and personal growth. The specific activities include:
● Counselling and guidance by successful businesspersons, peers, and professionals.
● Sharing of experiences in business forums and associations.
● Teaming and virtual training.
● Technical Coaching and Expertise
● One-on-one coaching
● Conduct value chain mapping and needs assessment
C) Access to Information
Successful applicants will benefit from information sharing and establishing partnerships with Ecosystem players, companies and other stakeholders for effective market access through collaborative agreements. The specific activities include:
● Create online platforms for information sharing and networking
● Providing information on business development within the thematic areas, including policy and regulatory changes.
● Ensure participation or hosting of entrepreneurs to local and international start-up conferences
● Expose entrepreneurs to business expansion opportunities & international investors
● Link entrepreneurs to local and international customers
● Research and identification of markets as well as establishment of Market linkages.
● Linkage and facilitation to attend exhibitions, trade fairs and other events
D) Enabling Environment
Successful applicants will benefit from access to services that will enable them to improve the current market they are operating in, increase number of customers, have access to various sector specific events that directly affect their business through;
● Invitations to Policy dialogues that directly affect the business or the sector in general
● Access to exhibition and expos whereby they can be able to actively showcase their products
● Networking forums for the entrepreneurs to create partnerships that will foster growth of the company.
E) Access to Facilities
Successful applicants will benefit from access to various business specific resources that will enable them to improve the quality of product and the quality of service they offer and have a central location they can be able to use as their offices; this will be through;
● Access to office facilities; co-working spaces to facilitate business meetings and improve company relation with potential business partners and also meet potential clients
● Access to testing and prototyping facilities that will enable the business to improve and develop the current products for better market experience for the entrepreneur.