Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is a World Bank’s infoDev initiative and was the first in a global network of CICs being launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP) to support the development and scale up of locally relevant climate technologies. It offers incubation, capacity building and financing options to new, small and medium business ventures and Kenyan entrepreneurs that are developing innovations to address the challenges of climate change. KCIC also provides holistic and country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate technologies.
The position is responsible for strategic leadership and direction towards the achievement of KCIC mandate and functions under the overall direction of the KCIC board, through coordination of Board administration and support; program, product, and service delivery; financial, tax, risk and facilities management; human resource management; stakeholder and partnership management, and fundraising
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to KCIC towards meeting its overall mandate and strategic objectives;
- Oversee the development and implementation of policies, strategies, plans, budgets and programs;
- Oversee the establishment of effective administrative structures, processes, internal monitoring, and control systems;
- Oversee the development of appropriate public relations strategies to promote KCIC brand and provide strategic linkages with KCIC stakeholders and partners.
- Coordinate the development of business-related proposals, reports and other submissions to the Board;
- Provide leadership for businesses incubation and continuous improvement in the quality and value of services and products provided by KCIC;
- Oversee business development initiatives for increased activity and sustainability of KCIC;
- Oversee organizational performance management for optimal productivity;
- Ensure compliance to legal and fiduciary requirements of the government of Kenya and donors;
- Develop and maintain strong industry and competitive knowledge in clean technology;
- Oversee the identification of resource requirements, research funding sources, and establish strategies for fundraising and efficient utilization of resources.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 15 years’ practical professional experience working in entrepreneurship and related businesses and at least 10 years in senior management.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience working with start-ups as an advisor, mentor or entrepreneur.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum of a strong Bachelor’s Degree with a business bias.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and innovation, and for mentoring young businesses and ventures, with a clear focus on achieving success for the KCIC’s client businesses.
- A good working knowledge of finance.
- Experience and extensive network in the mitigation and adaptation technology sectors.
- Strong experience of capital raising and in investor/investment management in the small business context, whether as entrepreneur, investor or financial advisor.
- Strong computer skills, preferably with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and Outlook.
- Demonstrated team leadership, change management and strong negotiation skills.
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial individual with the business development capability to deliver financial sustainability and growth for the KCIC, by forging new business models and developing new income stream.
- Superlative communication skills, both written and oral, including logically structuring and delivering presentations.
- Strong analysis of and demonstrated ability to articulate an agenda for green growth in the adaptation and mitigation technology sectors, especially with respect to business incubation, technology adoption, funding, and scientific collaboration.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to understand diverse parts of an organization and its stakeholders and beneficiaries and bring them together to realize the organization’s mission.
- Strong time management skills, with ability to set priorities and delegate responsibilities.
- Demonstrated people management and interpersonal skills, with supervisory experience and ability to lead.
- Ability to facilitate dialogue among a diverse constituency.
How to apply:
Please make your application on https://jobs.adeptsystems.co.ke/jobsite/job_details.aspx?ref=467. This will require you to create a profile and in addition attach your detailed and up to date CV with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements. Your application should be sent to us by 15th April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that we do not charge fees for receiving or processing job applications.