The Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) provides holistic, country-driven support to accelerate the development, deployment and transfer of locally relevant climate and clean energy technologies. The KCIC provides incubation, capacity building services and financing to Kenyan entrepreneurs and new ventures that are developing innovative solutions in renewable energy, water management, agribusiness, waste management, and commercial forestry in a bid to address climate change challenges. The KCIC is an initiative supported by the World Bank’s infoDev and was the first in a global network of Climate Innovation Centers being launched by infoDev’s Climate Technology Program (CTP). The KCIC is currently funded by the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and European Union.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is implementing AgriBiz, a five-year programme supported by the European Union (EU) and Danida. AgriBiz seeks to address some of the challenges inhibiting youth and women participation in agribusiness and stimulate the growth of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the agricultural sector. The primary focus of the program is to provide a range of services needed by women and youth-owned early stage agribusiness enterprises as well as SMEs, Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Self Help Groups (SHGs). Kenya Climate Innovation Center (KCIC) is currently seeking highly motivated individuals who will support the delivery of AgriBiz and the growing needs within KCIC to fill the position of Hub Manager for Kilifi County.
The position is responsible for leadership in the identification and support of enterprises for growth and scalability within the Agribusiness ecosystem, development and management of partnerships, and leveraging relevant financing opportunities at the Hub level.
- Creating, implementing, and evaluating the Hub’s business and workplan:
- Implementing program performance plans, strategies, and any other operational activity.
- Training, mentoring and supervising Hub staff in order to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations:
- Assigning, overseeing, and monitoring administrative and financial tasks;
- Keeping up-to-date on Agribiz policies, procedures, and protocols, and ensuring that employees are too;
- Developing and implementing client service procedures;
- Ensuring that program goals and deadlines are met and that projects are led in compliance with the KCIC’s policies and procedures; and
- Liaising with the Main Hub- head office to ensure the smooth management of operations and the achievement of overall program goals.
- Monitoring the Hub financial transactions and the office operations:
- Auditing financial transactions and any other action executed by employees;
- preparing quarterly program reports and other administrative reports;
- overseeing the completion of thorough reports and analyses on the Hub operations carried out in the Hub; and
- analyzing office activity and employee performance, identifying trends, and making appropriate recommendations and adjustments to current work methods and systems.
- Growing and curating the Business Incubation Hub – you will be working with Business Analysts to grow, manage incoming applications/leads and ensure prospective clients that represent a good fit for the Agribiz program.
- Developing strategies for engagement with stakeholders in the agribusiness ecosystem – you will represent Hub externally, raising awareness of our brand and creating opportunities for meaningful engagement with key stakeholders within the wider ecosystem
- Overseeing office equipment maintenance, monitoring, calibration, and repair, as well as replacement of supplies, when necessary.
- Building and maintaining strategic ties with the community, as well as networking with existing and potential clients in order to establish long-term, trustworthy relationships.
- Ensuring Hub employees handle clients’ services in an accurate, unbiased, and professional way, following high ethical standards.
- Ensuring that employees comply with KCIC internal procedures.
- Providing guidance and consultation to employees in order to guarantee client satisfaction.
- Monitoring budgets and ensuring targets are met, motivating staff to achieve objectives.
- Meeting with clients to solve issues or complaints and monitoring their feedback.
- Maintaining detailed records and reporting Hub operations and activities, including employee performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related course.
- Professional Qualification in CPAK, ACCA or CFA.
- Minimum experience of 5 years’ with at least 2 years in Management.
- Financial experience in credit analysis, Business development and Client Relationship management.
- Experience in working with the Agribusiness value chain and agriprenuers.
- Experience in working in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative and/or project management skills.
- Well organized with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly and pick up processes quickly.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
- Confident at decision making, within agreed boundaries.
- Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their up to date CV with their contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, the names of three professional referees and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet our requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject should be the position being applied for.
Closing date for applications is Friday, 29th October 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Climate Innovation Center is an equal opportunity employer