ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why we create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is being implemented in Kenya by Kenya Climate Innovation Centre, KCIC.
Fixing climate change, one start-up at a time.
You have a green business idea and want to take it to the next level. Perfect, you should enter our competition.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan just yet. Or if your idea is still on the back of a napkin. You are most welcome to join. Our competition is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
Train. Compete. Launch.
- Train – ClimateLaunchpad kicks off with an intensive Boot Camp & follow-up Coaching Sessions. You will learn all you can on how to successfully start your green business. Create a rock solid business plan and perfect your pitch along the way.
- Compete – The gloves come off during the national competitions and the Grand Final where you’ll battle the world’s best. Convince our jury and you’ll convince any client or investor.
- Launch – There is substantial prize money for the top three Grand Final winners. On top of that the top ten winners move on to the renowned Climate-KIC Accelerator programme. The place where great ideas grow into great businesses.
How it works
To enter the competition submit your idea or innovation with environmental impact. We’ll help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way. You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a rock-solid plan. You will pitch this during your
National Final and the Regional Finals.
The winners of each Regional Final will go on to compete in the Global Grand Final.
Even if your idea is on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join.
All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill of our competition get invited to join.
- Step 1: Boot Camp: The top 10 applicants will take part in a five-day intensive Boot Camp. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.
- Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals: The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch digitally for a National Jury.
- Step 3: Regional Finals: The top teams of each country go to the Regional Finals where they pitch in front of the region’s best and brightest. The crème de la crème are chosen to compete in the digital Global Grand Final.
- Step 4: Global Grand Final: The best teams in the world pitch against each other on the international stage. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500. The top 16 teams selected by the jury in the semi-finals to perform in the final round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator. On top of that, the 7 Theme winners of the semi-finals (Top 1 of each theme) will win access to the Climate Marketplace Dealstream.
The themes for ClimateLaunchpad 2022
There are 8 themes for this year’s CLP competition. These themes will be the pitching streams for the teams at the Regional Finals and the Global Grand Final.
The themes are:
- Adaptation and Resilience
- Circular Economies
- Urban Solutions
- Clean Energy
- Sustainable Mobility
- Food Systems
- Blue Economy
- The Next Big Thing
Let us challenge you, join the competition. But before you do, we just want to make sure that you:
- have not yet started a business or you started it less than one year ago;
- have no substantial revenue;
- you have attracted no more than € 200,000 in investment;
- you have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
What kind of ideas is ClimateLaunchpad looking for?
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change. As long as it’s in the cleantech domain: “a scientific innovation that uses existing technology to do more with fewer resources, and has a commercial driver.”
Even if your idea is still on the back of a napkin, you’re most welcome to join.
Deadline: 31st May 2022
What can I win?
There will be prizes (cash or in kind) for the Global Grand Final winners. The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives € 10,000, the runner up gets € 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins € 2,500.The top 16 teams selected by the jury in the Semi-Finals to perform in the Final Round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
The big prize?
A bunch of new acquired skills & knowledge and networking opportunities to get your business thriving. And of course infinite glory. All prize winners are responsible for any taxes, wire transfer costs and other possible costs related to receiving the prize.
Learn more about the competition and apply here: https://climatelaunchpad.org/application-form/