Are you an agribusiness enthusiast?
Do you follow the agribusiness trends and want to be part of a team transforming the agriculture value chain, making agriculture cool?
This might be your chance to find the job of your dreams!
Kenya Climate Innovation Centre is looking for eight AgriBiz brand ambassadors in the following counties; Kilifi, Kiambu, Machakos, Bungoma, Embu, Meru, Uasin Gishu and Kisii. Do you speak any of the mentioned languages? If so, read on!
AgriBiz is a programme that gives agriculture a new face by stimulating the growth of women and youth-owned enterprises in the agribusiness sector. Being implemented by KCIC, the programme is supported by the European Union and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (Danida).
The programme is currently operational in eight selected counties in Kenya, where it has established Business Incubation Hubs (BIHs) to spearhead the programme’s core agenda. Through the BIHs, AgriBiz promotes business development services, including technical assistance and access to facilities and access to land and other resources and factors of agricultural production.
Additionally, it is an enabler for youth and women-owned SMEs engaged in agribusiness to access financing within and outside KCIC.
The initiative targets individuals, community-based organisations and small and medium-sized enterprises in different levels of animal and crops value chains. The programme’s vision is to create 17,000 jobs in the agricultural sector, particularly for youth and women. It also aims to increase smallholder production, improve food security and boost household incomes.
To unlock the potential of agribusiness and value chain actors while contributing to increased smallholder production and household incomes, KCIC is seeking to engage eight AgriBiz ambassadors who will champion this noble course.
Role of the AgriBiz Brand Ambassador:
The role of the brand ambassador will include but not limited to;
- Developing and maintaining a positive programme image by efficiently interacting with AgriBiz clients.
- Are responsible for the brand’s visibility,
- Planning and implementing awareness by developing programs to reach prospective clients
- Developing marketing and endorsement ideas proactively
- Assisting in developing and executing new marketing ideas
- Building and sustaining business relationships with key accounts and brands
- Sharing AgriBiz client feedback with KCIC to improve services
Qualities of the AgriBiz brand ambassador
To qualify for the AgriBiz Brand Ambassador role, individuals need to;
- Have a good grounding and following on social media platforms
- Be good marketers with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be friendly and approachable with an outgoing personality
- Agribusiness go-getters
- Passionate and enthusiastic agribusiness leaders
- Result oriented
Improved agricultural production will have a positive ripple effect on Food Security, one of the pillars of the Big Four Action Plan being implemented by the Government of Kenya. If this sounds like something for you, then click the link below to apply.